JOB SUMMARY: The primary responsibility of the Hostess is to welcome and guide members and guests through The Cliffs clubhouse experience by identifying guest’s needs and individualizing service. Roles of the Host/Hostess include greeting, and directing guests to appropriate areas. The Host/Hostess provides efficient and friendly service to all guests by following The Cliffs’ service philosophy throughout their experience.
- Graciously greets guests upon arrival, escorts them to their table, provides menus to them once seated, and informs guests of name of their assigned server.
- Manages special seating requests of guests consistent with table availability.
- Relays messages to servers and back servers as appropriate.
- Assists with the duties of servers and back servers needed to maintain service effectiveness and efficiency.
- High school graduate, with college course work or professional certification / education in restaurant or business / training field is highly desired and recommended.
- Food safety certification recommended.
- 1-2 years of experience in a private club or major hotel preferred
- Strong food and beverage knowledge
- Ability to multi task
- Works additional hours on short notice as requested by management in order to accommodate one or more of the following: staffing emergency, employee absence, fluctuation in business levels, special functions, etc.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule to include weekends and holidays
Will be required to learn P.O.S. system
- Ability to lift and carry up to 40 pounds
- Ability to stand, walk, stoop, bend and lift trays weighing up to 35 pounds repetitively during entire shift
- Ability to handle food, cleaning products, and utensils